Vbine has built a 5KW vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VWAT) we have solved many of the problems that have plagued Vertical axis over the last 5 years. We have applied for some 4 worldwide patents on the design. Our intellectual property is very unique and very strong. What makes our product different from the traditional horizontal axis wind turbines(HWAT) is the following points.
- Self starting in low wind 1.2 meter per second or about 2 miles an hour
- Does not have to turn into the wind to start turning, takes wind from any direction.
- Small foot print, less than 3 meters wide
- Produces full power at 11 meter per second
- Low rate of rotation 120 rpm to produce 5kw about 35 MPH tip speed compared to a tip speed of up to 190 miles an hour for HWAT
- Safe for the environment (Birds Bats)
- Low Noise 66db at 15 feet (less than the noise in the cab of a new Chevy Truck at idle)
- Operates in extreme conditions Due to low rotation speed
- Roof mountable on commercial buildings (we are installing a unit on the roof of the David Suzuki School in Windsor On)
- We have applied for certification from the Canadian Wind Institute to certify our KW and power curve
- No shadow flicker (has been blamed for everything from headaches to heart problems)
- The top of our Turbine does not rotate making it an excellent and only fit for Telecom towers
- Does not give off any RMF as the rate of rotation is low, also makes for the right choice for telecom towers
- No Maintenance, because there is no drive shaft there are no brushes bushings or slip rings to wear out, only 2 long life sealed bearings expected to give 20 years of life.
What differentiates us from other vertical axis turbines is the following
- No drive Shaft
- No brushes or bushings or slip rings (no moving parts except 2 long life bearings)
- A blade design that truly self starts in low wind yet capture the horse power out of the high wind (one of our patents)
- A unique Blade configuration to capture maximum power on smallest swept area (part of our 2nd Patent)
- Each blade produces power on 180 degrees out of the 360 degree rotation
- The center shaft does not rotate allowing for easy stacking of turbines on a single tower
- Extreme Durability
Download the Vbine Energy Generator Assembly PowerPoint Slideshow.
Download the Vertical Axis Wind Turbine PowerPoint Slideshow.